Friday, May 22, 2009

Why do MY clothes have to be the 'wet ones'?



On our trip from Mayaguana to Big Sand Cay then on to Luperon, Dominican Republic we took a huge amount of water over the bow, no big deal right? I went below to get some ‘warm’ clothes for the overnight part of the trip from my hanging locker (which is in the V-Berth). I discovered that the ones in the back were wet. CRAP. (This picture is of the hanging stuff in the Nav office while I figure out a temporary fix.) Once in Luperon I sorted everything out, washed all that were wet, had a friend pick up a heavy duty shower curtain and lined both the hanging locker and the cabinet with shelves to keep water away from my stuff. The rub rail is the culprit so we have added it to ‘list of things to do’.

1 comment:

Jacques said...

Strange! Why the exact same thing happens and in the same area. In our case, it was, when we were crossing the Turks between French Cay and Sand Cay. But it was easy to repair... all we had to do, is close tightly the front hatch!