Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Check pockets before jumping into salt water


The day after we took delivery of the new dinghy as I came back from a ‘solo’ ride the bowline came loose from the front as I was tying it to Silhouette. The dinghy floated away as I yelled for Mark, took off my sunglasses and jumped into the bay with my cell phone in my pocket…note to self…check pockets in the future.

Yesterday I went to the AT and T store to obtain a new one but they told me that since I bought my phone in Texas they could not help me (they serviced Florida and Puerto Rico only). I had to go to radio Shack, on foot two miles down the street (new car only works on water, sigh). As it was past time for new phones I got two…my sim card was saved (YEAH!) and if it happens again we already have the new phone….just need to plug in the sim card.

No comments: