Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Livingroom STILL a varnish booth


Meanwhile....I am desperate to keep up with the varnish task at hand. I am varnishing the last two pieces of cabin sole flooring for the nav/office floor, the 4 cabinet doors above the black lounge chairs, the stereo shelves to the right of the new cabinets, the nav office cabinet, the three leaves of the main salon table, the commode table top and various trim pieces! The only surface left for cooking was about 3 square feet....we haven't eaten at the dinning room table since....hmmm, can't really remember...the good news is that I am ALMOST done with the older projects.
The table tops have to be block sanded with an aluminum plate 1" thick, it weighs about 2 pounds when I start and about 20 when I finish. It takes about 4 hours to do all three sections of the table...then I have to do the commode the same way.

No comments: