Wednesday, March 5, 2008

How to varnish a cabin sole (i.e. floor)


Since the last posting was about the new floors (cabin sole in Popeye's terminology) I thought I would show how the varnish is accomplished. Here I am in the upstairs bathroom (aka varnish booth). Notice that I am wearing gloves, shower cap, varnish shirt and a respirator. The two-part poly-urethane varnish is pretty smelly and could cause permanent damage so the respirator is mandatory. I am mixing the varnish in a plastic container to avoid toxic spills on the countertop and/or floors....after all once the varnish booth is no longer needed we still need to sell the house!

2 comments:

CarlSharonEbie said...

Love the rollers! Now you are fair game for any kind of photo! Once on the internet-ALWAYS on the internet! Love Shar

Chris and Mark Lignoul said...

Yeah, as I said in the notes, I may have to throw the bum overboard for that one!