Thursday, December 27, 2007

It's just another day in retirement....

We have had so many questions: How the boat refit is going? Can you send me pictures? When are you leaving?

I thought I would start a blog and post some notes and pictures. So here goes.
We are working so hard on the boat that it does not seem like we are retired. The plan was to leave last month...hmmm...but we still have a lot to do so now I am saying 'We will leave sometime next year'.

This is 'Silhouette' in Florida during August 2004. Our friend Jack Hall came with us for a week (his vacation, the nut!) to help. We worked like dogs for that week. We did sail one day and go 40 miles north to Ft. Pierce. There we put the boat on the 'hard' and started taking it apart for the trip to Texas. It was a lot of work and Jack was a lot of help - I don't know what I would have done without him on the dis-assemble project. Mark was working on installing a bow thruster so Jack and I got to do a lot of work together and had fun doing it






1 comment:

jacfamery@yahoo.fr said...

Just looked at your blog, nice! This picture particularly...this is the time we met you guys in the Intracoastal. From the pictures I saw, I see you made a tremendous amount of work.
Jacques and France from ex s/v Yallah!